Google Screened for Lawyers
Date: September 22, 2020
When someone searches online for professional services, they want to have confidence in knowing that the results show trusted companies. The internet can be a great resource for finding products and services. At the same time, online scams make people a little hesitant about choosing an unknown provider. Clients need to know that they are working with a reputable company, which is where Google screening can be beneficial.
If you own a law firm, then a strong online presence can be an effective way for you to connect with new clients. Googled screened for lawyers is an essential step to ensure that people can trust your team to handle their legal needs.
What is Google Screened?
Googled screened for lawyers is a relatively new program that helps professional services establish a trusted reputation in the search engine. When people view search results, they see a badge that verifies your company has been vetted and proven to be a real provider.
It takes work to be Googled screened for lawyers, but this process is worth the effort because of the online authority it brings to your online presence. For example, you must go through a business level background and license checks. The specific requirements vary by industry.
Google screened is available for different services including law, real estate, and financial planning. Right now, these markets and categories are limited, but it’s expected that the Google Screened program will expand to other verticals in the future.
How Does Google Screened Work?
It’s important to understand how this service works if you want to be Googled screened for lawyers. Every company that gets a screened badge must complete an extensive background and license check. As you work through the application process, Google will request the specific information needed to check your licensing and any applicable background information that relates to your industry or services.
Googled screened for lawyers includes a variety of steps in the verification process:
- Bar Membership: Each lawyer in your firm will be checked to verify the standing of their state bar memberships.
- Personal Background Checks: Additionally, each attorney must complete a criminal and civil background check.
- Business Background Check: Another background check is completed to review the history of the law firm.
- Physical Location: The physical address of your law firm will be verified, to ensure that your company is legitimate and the online listing is correct.
- Google Reviews: Your business must have Google reviews. Your star rating needs to be at least 3.0 or higher for you to be eligible for this screening process.
Even though it takes a bit of time to complete the application process, you don’t need to worry about paying a fee to Google for this service. As a local provider, you can submit your information for verification of your services, and Google is happy to complete this process without charge. It’s a win-win scenario: you have more opportunities to connect with potential clients, and Google has confidence knowing they are providing relevant, quality results for people using the search engine.
Keep in mind that Googled screened for lawyers is different from Google Guaranteed. This program has been around for a longer time and covers many home services categories such as plumbing, HVAC, repair, and more. If a customer finds a provider through the Google Guaranteed program and isn’t satisfied with the provided services, Google offers a money-back guarantee. This promise is capped at $2,000 per customer, which is a lifetime limit for each person.
What Do Lawyers Need to Know?
Is Googled screened for lawyers worth the cost and effort? Yes! When you see the potential leads that can come from having a verified online presence, it’s easy to see why Google screened is an essential step for every law firm.
While this program is designed to protect consumers, you need to understand that there is a connection between Google’s Local Services Ads and their badging programs. Local ads can be a powerful way to connect with your target demographic, and you can get a better result for your spending by ensuring that you have completed Googled screened for lawyers.
After your approval through the Google Screened program, it means that you can enjoy these benefits:
- High Search Engine Listing: Having a badge showing that you are Googled screened for lawyers means that your listing can show up high in the search results. This placement puts your business listing ABOVE the pay-per-click ads in Google’s search results. High placement means there is a higher likelihood of potential customers visiting your website and contacting you for services.
- Local Targeting: Your online marketing efforts need to be carefully designed so you are connecting with the right people. Not only do you need customers who are searching for the type of legal services you offer, but you also need to be sure that these people are local. Adding this Google Screened badge increases the visibility of your website for people who are in the right demographic.
- Improve Credibility: When customers see that your firm has a “Google Screened” badge, then it gives you an instant boost in credibility. Customers have more confidence knowing that they are choosing a reputable company.
- Boost Your Business: All of these factors listed above add up to one important thing: more calls coming from new customers, which means that your business will grow. When you have a quality website, good reviews online, and a badge of approval from Google, then it sets the perfect foundation to support your business growth in the future.
A strong online presence might be just what your firm needs to keep customers coming to your company.
How Can 9Sail Help?
Googled screened for lawyers is an essential step to include in your online marketing efforts. As a busy lawyer, you should be focusing on billable hours with your clients, instead of spending your time trying to figure out how to create an online marketing campaign.
At 9Sail, our experienced digital marketing team specializes in services for lawyers. We’ve developed proven online systems that help your firm move up the ranks in the search results. We personalize every marketing plan based on the unique needs and goals of each client. Contact us for more information about Googled screened for lawyers and other available services.