What’s Involved in a Free Site Audit?
An inside look at how one of the top SEO companies customizes full-circle strategies for their clients
So, your company has just signed a contract to work with an SEO provider to help you organically spread the news of your awesomeness. You’re making moves and about to dominate the competition. What could go wrong?
Unfortunately, a lot could go wrong. There is a lot at stake when it comes to influencing your company’s SEO, and aligning yourself with the wrong kind of SEO vendor can be detrimental to your reputation.
On the flip side, the right SEO company can do wonders for your brand. They can help you with things like:
- Generating website traffic
- Qualifying and converting your leads
- Analyzing your metrics
- Optimizing your website
- Creating brand awareness
- Increasing your overall search engine rankings
That said, be wary of the companies that offer a one-size-fits-all approach, because there is no plug and play model when it comes to designing an SEO plan. Each company should be viewed as unique, and therefore, so should each SEO strategy.
A reputable and qualified SEO provider will take serious stock of your current online presence in the form of a site audit, which will help them understand your business, your voice, and your audience. Even better, a reputable SEO company will not charge you for this phase.
At 9Sail, our audit process is systematic. We take a deep dive into your current online footprint and generate a customized summary of proposed next steps.
Here’s a look at our approach to a free site audit:
- Onsite review: This is our opportunity to experience your website just as a normal visitor would. We click around and review things like your content, navigation, and the overall user experience. In this stage, we want to identify any area that may negatively influence your audience’s perception. Issues like broken links, unclear call-to-actions (CTA’s), weak or no points of conversion, poor quality images, etc. Your credibility is largely tied to the quality of your website, so we want to make sure all areas in need of improvement are identified and noted.
- Technical audit: During this phase, we review the functionality and tidiness of your website, but on a programmatic level. We explore your website from the back-end and look for things like page load speed, links to code resources that may have been moved or are slow to load, and the success rate of form submissions. Basically, we inspect the health of your website and look for hiccups that may not be ascertainable to the naked eye.
- Business process review: This is when we get to know and understand you and your specific business goals. To help provide you with measurable recommendations that align with your objectives, we may ask you about things like your sales funnel, your average customer response time, any current or past SEO efforts, your pain points, etc. Since our end game is to help you generate and convert leads, we need to make sure that whatever plan we implement is custom tailored to you, and this is our opportunity to get personal.
After the site audit, we provide you with two reports, a high-level strategy document, and an estimated pricing document.
Here’s a look at what you can expect from those:
Report 1: An overview of any technical failings. This is yours to keep, and in any scenario, you are free to share this with your developer if you want to make any rapid or long-term updates.
Report 2: An overview of your NAP (name, address, phone number). This includes how many times we found you on the web, where we found you, where we didn’t find you, and any discrepancies or errors in the information that we found.
Strategy and pricing documents: Based on the audit and the information gathered, we provide our first pass at a customized strategy, along with associated pricing for each component.
And that’s it! If it turns out that we are the right fit for you (and you for us) then we’re off to the races and begin working our SEO magic.
The 9Sail team is ready to take your website to the next level. Our expertise and dedication are second to none. Don’t burn yourself out on DIY SEO or make the mistake of working with the wrong vendor. Trust the SEO Specialists of 9Sail and see what the view from the top of the mountain looks like.
Contact us by calling 201-632- 1185, or Requesting a Free Site Audit