SEO Firm Shows Big Growth for NJ Residential Roofing & Siding Company
May 24, 2021
At the end of Q1 2018, a residential roofing and siding company approached us about our SEO services for contractors. They were just getting their marketing started and wanted to rank in their local area for roofing and siding. Their starter website was not pulling its weight and they didn’t know where to start when it came to SEO.
Averaging only 2 organic website visits per day, they were not seeing much value in their website.
- Their website had not generated a single lead for them since its inception
- Their content on-site did not meet SEO best practices standards
- In Q1 2018, they received a total of 69 organic users to their website
By contracting 9Sail to handle their roofing company’s SEO, we were able to roll up our sleeves and dive in.
- Immediately, we began to optimize all technical errors on the website, which included:
- Slow load speeds
- Missing title/meta
- Schema mark-up, etc…
- Next, we focused on their content strategy.
By doing competitive analysis for their competitors in New Jersey, we were able to build a strong, targeted list of keywords and topics to write content on.
- We started out with a simple 2 blogs per month requirement, while we built out static page content.
- This allowed us to keep relevant information flowing for users and search engines while we cleaned up the house (no pun intended).
- These foundational SEO tasks were paramount for the success of the site and the brand.
- Next, we started working on the website’s trust score and domain authority (also known as Domain Rating).
- By finding and outreaching to contractor websites with high domain authority and strong SEO, we were able to land our client quotes and guest blogging spots.
- These websites aided in the rapid growth of our client’s Domain Rating (DR) from 1 to a 13 in a very short period of time.
See why a strong Domain and URL rating is so important HERE.
Now, over two years later, here are the numbers:
Q1 2018 v. Q1 2020
- The website went from producing no leads in Q1 2018 to 25 qualified leads in Q1 of 2020 through the contact form on their website.
- It had double-digit calls each month from other potential customers inquiring about getting their roof and/or siding repaired or replaced.
- The website is dominating the local rankings and has helped the client grow its revenue and become a leader in the space.
Q1 2018 v. Q1 2019
- We pulled the data from Q1 2018 and compared it to Q1 2019 to show the quick growth that the website saw as we helped to establish the brand and improve the authority of the website.
- This upfront work is what allows for even bigger organic growth in the future because search engines trust the website and we are able to focus on high-quality content creation that will bring new users to the website and allows for even faster authority growth.
Q1 2019 v. Q1 2020
- By the end of Q1 2020, the website got a total of 1,090 organic users and over 150,000 impressions from Google alone.
- The contractors reported that they converted 9 of the 25 leads that they got through their contact form, which means that their return on ad spend was extremely high and we are going to continue to push forward and help them to expand their business.
Our client is being found for many top and bottom of the funnel terms as well as the top-ranking result for strong intent keywords with hundreds and thousands of monthly queries each month. Their company has doubled in size and they are always looking for the next opportunity to gain even further exposure online. We have become this contractor’s trusted partner for all things digital and are very excited to see how much the company will grow in the future.
What They Are Saying
“The team at 9Sail are detailed forward-thinkers who have been a tremendous asset to our business. They are thorough, communicative, and a pleasure to work with. I recommend the 9Sail team to anyone looking to grow their business!” – Owner